He was born in Tbilisi in 1948.
There he finished the Tbilisi Academy of Arts were he mastered drawing and painting.
In 1973 he graduated from the Art faculty of the Moscow Polygraphic Institute.
Since 1979 – the member of the Association of Artists of Russia and International Federation of Artists, and the member of the British United Artists Society.
Since 1970 – participant of exhibitions in the cities of the USSR.
In 1999 he opened the Anna and Yury Mirakov Art Gallery in the center of Moscow.